Writing.com

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Thursday, November 16, 2006

Is it just me or does Writing.com have a lot of ads and very little real substance?

I've seen it advertised in literary magazines and the web site appears in my Google search periodically, so tonight I decided to spend some time exploring the web site.

In the 10 minutes that I spent on the site tonight, I saw very little real information other than Adsense advertisements and many of the links I did attempt to access were broken links that don't actually connect to anything.

It was kind of a disapointment after I had to fill out a questionaire to "register" on the site. Registering doesn't appear to do anything except signify that I agree to read a lot advertisements.

Am I being to critical?
Did I miss something?

From now on I think I'll stick with Absolute Write and individual blogs when I want to read about writing.

Moral of this story: "If you want to learn about writing, talk to actual writers."

I think I'll skip the marketing web sites disguised as writing sites from now on.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, quit writing.com last year. It's a money making project and doesn't seem to have the same community as AW.

Welcome to the Water Cooler, btw.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)