BBQ Novel Blogger Receives Book Contract

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Friday, November 30, 2007

Doug Worgul, a reporter and editor for the Kansas City Star, received news today that his novel Thin Blue Smoke will be published by Macmillan in the upcoming year. Worgul wrote the novel on a Blogger website just like this one over the course of several months.

It was enlightening to witness the development of the novel in real time. The story was originally called Burnt Ends, referring to the tastey meat made from the "point" portion of beef brisket. My enthusiasm for his novel writing project is partly the reason I decided to start my own writing blog.

Worgul also authored Grand Barbecue, a pictorial history of Kansas City bbq history. You can read more about Mr. Worgul on his Blogger profile page.

Update:

Here's some more information about Mr. Worgul that is posted on the Macmillan New Writers blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this, my friend. And for reading the manuscript. Your support during the writing of it was important to me.

The pub date is set: February 9, 2009.

drw

Backyard Urban Gardening said...

Thanks for sharing "Burnt Ends" with us while it was being written.

I am sure "Thin Blue Smoke" will be a huge success.

I'll definitely be one of the first to purchase it once it's available.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)