George Orwell's Animall Farm

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Saturday, April 12, 2008

During the past several months, I've enjoyed a re-introduction to some of the better known classics of modern literature.

I received Animal Farm as a Christmas gift this year. Hailed by many publications as a nearly perfect piece of literature, it was not included on my high school reading list--mainly because it's a very short book.

As I get older, I've also noticed that my attention span has shortened a little. The 176 pages, is almost the perfect size for an extended weekend, or short mini-vacation escape.

I'm about half-way through the book and it's become a struggle to finish. This is the type of novel a high school or college student should read when they are still in the "intellectual frame of mind" to fully appreciate it. I realize the book was written to provide a particular political message, but I've definitely lost some motivation for reading it.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)