Damages - Mini-series on Fx

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Monday, September 22, 2008

I don't usually get excited about individual television shows, but the promotions for Damages compelled me to watch the pilot last year. It was great and I eagerly awaited the next 12 episodes. If you get a chance to watch it in re-runs, I promise that it's worth it. If you missed the re-runs, you can purchase the DVD's for Season 1.

I learned recently that Damages has been renewed on Fx, the cable arm of Fox Entertainment, for two more seasons of 13 episodes. I think Season 2 is scheduled to premiere in January 2009.

Glenn Close as Patty Hewes, Rose Byrne as Ellen Parsons, Zeljko Evanek as Ray Fiske, and Ted Danson as Arthur Frobisher are great in this show. Rumor has it that William Hurt may also join the cast this year. Glenn Close and Zeljko Evanek were awarded Emmy's for their performances in Season 1.

Season 1 began with the ending and the next twelve episodes filled in the blanks. It's a neat technique for a television show, but I suspect that it's very difficult to pull off in a novel length work.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)