The Secret Life of Bees

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Saturday, November 15, 2008

After listening to Queen Latifah talk about her role in The Secret Life of Bees in an interview on NPR I'm eager to go see this movie. I haven't read he book by the same name, but I'm definitely going to pick it up when I see it in the book store.

My nephew and brother-in-law are beekeepers, so that draws me to the movie a little bit too. We always buy a few jars of honey from them when it's available. There are few things as sweet and satisfying as a big 'ole jar of clover honey. Their honey is produced by bees that live in a huge field of clover on my father-in-law's farm. And the spring-fed stream of crystal clear water nearby makes it all better.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)