James Patterson

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Thursday, May 03, 2007

I've been reading 4th of July (2005) this week. It's the first Patterson novel that I've read in quite a while and it didn't take me long to notice the pace of the chapters.

The chapters tend to be short and quick. It gives the reader the feeling of the action. Now I understand why he's become his own brand!


I read Along Came a Spider s(2003) everal years ago and loved the movie, but since I've been focusing my attention on learning to write a novel of my own, I've developed a deeper appreciation for best selling authors like Patterson.

What I find most interesting about him is that even though he published his first novel, The Thomas Berryman Number (1976) at the age of twenty-seven, he worked as the CEO of an advertising firm until the late 1990's.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)