Outling My New Novel Attempt

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Wednesday, May 09, 2007

After reading his memoir On Writing, I decided that if Stephen King doesn't work with detailed outlines when he writes that I didn't really need to use them either. But....it's time to shift gears and admit defeat. I'm afraid I've lost this battle and it's time to re-group before I lose the war!

I've struggled with trying to write my novel without a detailed outline. I've posted my efforts in previous posts here, but as you may have guessed by now; I've begun to lose interest in the story I've been working on. I've come to the conclusion that my interest in the process of doing the work declined gradually because I didn't spend enough time on the front end of the process thinking, planning and mapping out the storyline, characters, conflicts, sub-conflicts, plot, sub-plots, beginning, ending, and on and on.

I plan to work through the process of completing a new and detailed outline through a series of posts here at American Book Blog in the coming days and weeks.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)