Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Sunday, December 30, 2007

During the 10 hour drive to Tennessee for the holidays, I listened to Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline on tape. It's a great way to leverage driving time and depending on the distance, I can usually finish two books.

Scottoline is one of my favorite mystery authors. Her novels usually center around the legal profession and Daddy's Girl is no different. I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone that hasn't read the book yet, but let me just say that just when you think the book is finished, it's not. In true Scottoline style, there is a twist at the end.

I've read four or five Scottoline novels at this point and I've noticed a familar forumula that she employs. Some might disagree with this somewhat "cookie cutter" approach, but I don't fault her for it all. I suspect that the familar plot pattern and a few reoccurring characters actually bolster her readership from novel to novel.

There's a lot to be said for predictability and multiple best-sellers.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)