Beverly Lewis, The Betrayal

Posted by Backyard Urban Gardening on Sunday, April 06, 2008

For the past several weeks I've been attending a weekly bonsai training course in Bokeelia, FL, which is located on Pine Island near Cape Coral, FL on the west coast. It's a 2 hour drive from my home and I decided to use the driving time to try out a new author. Today I made it through the first 13 chapters of The Betrayal, written by Beverly Lewis, which is in the Abraham's Daughters Series.

Having family friends, acquaintences, and high school classmates that attended Amish and Mennonite elementary schools, I've had more contact with Amish and Mennonite families than most Americans, but I'm new to Beverly Lewis.

Set in post-WWII 1940's Pennsylvania, the book is on the long-side and presented from a historical perspective.The book is Christian-oriented and deals with the struggles and temptations faced by the Amish as they attempt to co-exist with the "English".

So far, I've enjoyed it a lot. I now understand why Lewis has won so many literary awards.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)